Sunday, February 28, 2010

ES Feb Challenge


Wow, I can believe that its the last day of February...time is just flying by!

So it's the 28th & that means Everything Scrapp'n Design Team Blog Hop & monthly challenge. Michelle challenged us to use a holiday themed paper in an everyday way. The design team will be showing off Pink Paislee Cupid.

I found this green frame on clearance for 50cents and just fell in love with the color! The cherry blossoms are heat embossed with 3 layers of clear powder to give them a lacquered look and to make them more durable. The little birdie has been glittered and glazed with glossy accents and then crackled for a broken glass effect. I was trying for the look of a little countryside vignette....with tree, rolling hills and the golden glow of the sun.


My 2nd project this month is a LO with the Graphic 45 line "domestic goddess" I made an altered project with this line last year and wanted to use up some of my scraps. I just started sewing on my projects and really love the finished look that it add to a layout. Its kinda hard to see in the small pic (you can click on it and make it bigger) but, I wanted it to look like the outer layers {papers} are being peeled back to reveal us. I had a lot of fun with the embellies on this one. the Flower on the left was made with layers of fabric and tulle cut into different sized circles and then "squished" into shape and anchored with a few stitches and a button. The flower on the right is a quick fabric yo-yo

Thanks for stopping by :)


Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails